5.14.2013

Oh Happy Day!

I can't explain it, but sometimes there are days, or in this case nights where my thoughts ache to find their way through my fingertips and onto my computer screen.

Does that ever happen to you?

I could blame it on the two glasses of orange juice I had before bed- hello energy- but really this longing to turn thoughts into words, comes from one of the most inspiring days of my life (well, my blogging life anyway).

On Saturday I attended the Elevate Blog Conference.  Holy Macaroni was it amazing!


Have you ever seen a more beautiful location (Newport Dunes) or such fabulous little details?
 Summer, Jen and Nichole know how to throw a party!

Nat, presented our service project, Sole Hope (check it out!) and we all flexed our crafting muscles! 
Now something you ll need to know is I am not the most outgoing person.  For some reason, I have no problem spilling my guts to computer screen, but saying hello in person requires an internal pep rally.  Introductions get exponentially harder when surrounded by beautiful, stylish, crafty, eloquent and all around amazing women.
You'll see quite a few familiar faces in these photos including my favorite sparkle bunny Chrissy of
Let Me See You Sparkle. Don't ask me why I dubbed her sparkle bunny, things just happen.

Sharing a room with bloglebrities like Sarah, Erin, Kimmie and Ashley was a little intimidating to say the least.  I quickly learned these women struggle, want to quit and question themselves as much as I do, but then seek the joy in life and share their findings with the world- which made me like them all the more.
 Alissa from Rags to Stitches(who's instagram I stole this picture from!) met us for post event drinks!
Also with Lauren of Pink on the Cheek, Kristine of the Foley Fam, Nay from Coffee N Ink,
Sam from The Ellison Family Expansion Plan, April from The Gingerbread Blog
and Rachel from Polka Dots and Lemonade
I learned that like me, many of my fellow blogerettes have learned to bask in our awkwardness and find solace in the tapping of those little black computer keys.  I learned that even though I have found comfort and fluency in so many of their words painted across my computer screen, I found an even stronger kinship in person.

The swag bag and all of it's implied swag
I took away so much more than a tote filled with goodies, I took friendships, genuine connection, great advice, thoughtful words, unparalleled inspiration and an unusual comradeship I have rarely experienced before.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from our speakers:

"Your words are powerful, especially written from the heart...Use your words."
Sarah, Little Penelope Lane

"Love well online and it will love you back."
Erin, Living in Yellow

"Allow yourself to adapt, not only as a blogger, but as a woman."
Kimmie, Sugar and Dots

"That which is most personal is most universal"
Ashley, Little Miss Momma

It may have been my first blog conference, but it certainly won't be my last!  I'll be sure to let you all know when the 2014 conference is announced so you all can have the chance to feel all warm and fuzzy inside too!


9 comments:

Sam said...

It was great talking to you Ashley! I loved the conference and I can't wait until next year. I still have all my warm and fuzzies three days later! :)

Unknown said...

Looks so fun, Ashley!
BA
www.bethanimalprint.com

chrissyblake said...

annnnnnd Im crying. lol big freakin surprise. lol Sparkle Bunny. I love your guts :)

katilda said...

So many of your favorite quotes were my favorite quotes too! Also, I should have sat next to you during that craft because I wish I had a heart in my Arizona now. But that's OK, because now that I know how easy this project is, I can just make another one :)

Nay said...

You put my thoughts on "paper"! Loved meeting you and you are so right about the experience - the fellowship between bloggers is something to admire.
Love your heart!
Happy Tuesday, Lovey!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you, Ashley. It was my first conference too and one of the best days I've ever had! Hope to meet up again next year! XOXO

Unknown said...

I love your quote collection!! Those were perfect. And your nail art turned out GORGEOUS! So good to meet you!!

Emmy said...

It was so nice meeting you! I never thought of you as shy while there, you seemed so friendly and warm.
I had been feeling just kind of blah about blogging in general a lot lately, so yes it was so nice to hear that we all go through it.
Definitely looking forward to next year

Joni Nickrent said...

Great post...you captured the spirit of the day, event for sure!