6.27.2012

What If...

...I were thinner?  This is a question I ask myself all the time. 

What if I were thinner? Would I make a better first impression? Would my day be better without the tugging of tight pants? Would I feel more myself? Would I be happier?

I know I am not alone with these questions, even though sometimes I look around and think that everyone else always seems so comfortable in their own skin. We all want to be the best version of ourselves, and for most of us, part of that means losing a few extra pounds.  For me, that also means being healthier and fitter.  I discussed my feelings about being strong vs. being skinny in this post a couple weeks back.  I whole-heartedly believe what I said.  The problem I have is commitment.  For some reason, I have a super-hard time committing to my own health.  I know all the right things to do.  I would be an awesome life/health coach.  I love to read about health trends and how to lose weight in a healthy fashion and catalog it all away in my brain.  For some reason though, when it comes to using that information, I often put my weigh and my health on the back-burner.
 I'm not afraid to say (no, actually I am terrified to say) that I have about 70 pounds to lose to be at the weight I was when I left for college 9 years ago.  70 pounds will also put me in a healthy weight range for my height and build.  That is a 10 year old. 

I am carrying around a 10 year old on my ass and thighs.  Not good.  Not good at all! There is no way I am ever going to run a half marathon carrying a 5th grader.  A newborn or toddler, maybe, but not a 5th grader.

So I have decided to really make a change.  To amp myself up I have been pinning workouts,  reading blogs about people who have already lost large amounts of weight and scooping up every health magazine I come across.  I don't want to ask "What If" anymore. (I mean hello, that is the point of this little ol' blog right?) 
Here are some great blogs to give you workout ideas, eating plans and encouragement.

The thing is, I know that being fit and healthy will never be something I deem a mistake.  It will never turn into an "Oh Well" it will only turn into a "Hells yeah!". 

So here come the ask... Who wants to help me?  Maybe that means joining me in my weight loss venture because you have an extra 1st grader hanging onto you and checking in on each other when we don't want to go to the gym or that brownie looks mighty tempting.  Maybe you can give me tips to add to my mental file.  Maybe you have been there and want to share your experience.  Maybe it's sharing this blog with your readers so they can find comfort in taking on the battle of the bulge together.  Whatever it is, help me, so that one day, I will no longer ask "what if" and maybe together we can help the millions of women that also struggle with their weight.  (That seems like a big statement, but who knows right?)

Alright, if you have made it this far, thank you.  The anxiety I feel as I am about to post this is enormous, but I hope that it will be worth it! 

As always, thanks for reading!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post, awesome motivation! You will do great!

Jeni Q said...

So glad you had the guts to post this! I too need to lose a 5th (or 6th) grader! I'd love to do anything I can to help motivate you! I know a lot of times it's easier getting started on these journeys when someone is in it with ya!

Newest follower from your ad on "Whispering Sweet Nothings"

Jessie said...

Great post! We all struggle w weight & feeling confident in our own skin. I struggle everyday. Any help or motivation let me know.
www.glasshalfemptyorfulldepends.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've got about 70-80 lbs to lose too. I started about 3 1/2 weeks ago. So far I've lost about 12.5 lbs! I found you through Shane's blog. I'm a new follower!

Val said...

This is a great post! I actually started my own fitness plan at the beginning of the year (a new years resolution I actually kept!). So far I am down 40 pounds! It seems like a lot, but I still have another 70 to lose to be in my "healthy weight" range. Its crazy, but I know I can do it!

I'd love to team up with you so we can motivate each other to reach our goals! It is certainly easier to do when you know other people going through it :)

xoxo
valeri
suburbanlivingblog.blogspot.com