9.25.2012

Some People Have Bigger Problems...

 
I have a problem. 
 
I accidentally have a rather large collection of Red Box movies.  No, I didn't rent all these in one day.  I rented them over the course of the last year or so.  For one reason or another (one reason: I'm lazy.  Another: I liked the movie. And another: I forgot about it.)  they never found their way back into the belly of the Red Box machine. 
Stop judging me!
 
Don't be jealous if you don't own classics like:
The Women, Country Strong, Dear John, Burlesque, Footloose, Friends With Benefits and Remember Me. That's some A+ movie watching right there.  But seriously, once you have had a movie for a week and already owe like $12, it seems silly not to just keep it. 
 
Don't worry, I don't think any of these were major hits, so I'm sure you could Red Box buy them for yourself, or save $15 (and a smidge of self loathing for your complete lack of responsible movie borrowing) and buy them from Target. 
 
Come on, I know some of you have a collection of books that belong to your local library!  The good news is, Red Box doesn't revoke your rental card when you are delinquent on so many items like the damn library.  Oh yeah, the Gilbert Public Library caught onto my ways long ago. 
 
Well my friends I have turned over a new leaf.  I have rented 5 movies in the last 4 days (and when I say it like that I instantly realize how lonely moving to a new state has been) and I returned every single one! (Well, except the one I am about to dive into when this blog post is done.)  
I feel like I deserve a pat on the back or at the very least a virtual high five!

7 comments:

Kate Sparkles said...

Oh no! This is something I am terribly guilty off.. When I was packing to move out last year I found books from my high school and primary school library, DVD's from every video store in the area and countless items I'd 'borrowed' from friends!! face palm.

Now I live with Mr. Reliable my videos always go back on time, which is nice!!

Hope you can keep up the good work!

Kristin said...

So do they keep on charging you forever or do they cap it? I think this is funny :)

Kylie said...

This is the greatest thing I've seen all day! Too funny. And no one is judging here :) there's always time for a good movie.

Dash Interiors said...

Freakin love me some redbox action!
Excited to see what other fab posts you come up with!!
xox
Ash@ABpetite
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/2012/09/skinny-chicken-cordon-bleu-pasta.html

Unknown said...

haha I just had to laugh. I have the same problem. I have a whole collection of red box movies that I have paid 25$ a piece for! I"m just glad I"m not the only person who does this! I now just rent movies from iTunes because its cheeper that way


www.studentswife.com

Al said...

Oh sweet girl. I loved this because it is SO me. Now I'm onto my Amazon Prime benefits and Netflix Watch Instantly. This girl just can't return a movie either!!
Happy Weekend, love.
xoxoxo

JJ said...

I have the same problem. Well I mean I want to return them and I keep telling myself I will watch the film and return it it. Never happens. Glad I'm not the only one!

New follower :)