9.29.2013

Sweating Sexy Back: Big Announcement and Workout Plan

Hi Everyone!!!

Today I have a big announcement, but first, I'm sharing my workout plan!

So I am eight weeks into my new life as a healthier me!  I have to tell you, this week has felt good.  All those feelings of self doubt have subsided and I've mixed up my routine a bit.  I'm actually looking forward (sort of) to sharing my official 2 month results next week- photos and all!  I mean let's be honest, I won't really be excited to share photos of myself until I hit my goal, but I am definitely seeing a difference, even if the scale isn't giving me the numbers I had hoped for.

So this week, since people have been asking, I thought I would share a little about my gym routine.  I feel like it's only fair to warn you that while I did consult a doctor, a nutritionist and a personal trainer to come up with a schedule that works for me, I personally am none of those things.  If you are considering starting a new workout routine, it is always a good idea to consult a professional.  Also, it's recommended that everyone get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day, so if you are just starting out, start there!

Here's a look at what I try to do every week:


I like to mix things up, so I try to include workout classes I enjoy like kickboxing and yoga and mix up my cardio by getting outside and enjoying the beach!  The variety keeps me motivated to keep going.  My schedule can get really busy and I do miss a day here and there.  I try to remind myself that my health is a priority, so instead of heading home from work and plopping on the couch, I head to the gym.  All my favorite shows will still be there when I get home!

And I'm getting great results.

The days that incorporate weights are toning my muscles and building strength, while switching back and forth between intervals of cardio exercises and weight training is allowing my body to burn more calories! I like to work my way through each type of muscle in the leg and abs/ arms and back by using machines at my gym, but you could easily find exercises that utilize free weights to do this at home!

I "heart" sweating

My cardio only days are building my stamina and melting away fat.  I like to mix it up and get out of the gym when I can.  My favorite thing to do is climb the steep hills to and from the beach in Corona Del Mar. I usually go down and up the hills a total of 6-8 times and take a jog back to my starting point.  You can take a hike, go for a run, go rock climbing, go canoeing, take a kickboxing class, prancersizing, whatever.  Just make sure you are challenging yourself.

Take your workout outdoors and enjoy the beauty of nature!

On cardio and stretch days, I'm still burning calories, but giving myself a chance to lengthen and lean my muscles.  I like to do this in classes like yoga or pilates.  My favorite day is Wednesdays when I take a kickboxing class followed by a yoga class.  The combination gets my heart pumping, but then gives me time to relax my mind.  I've found that practicing yoga really helps me feel at peace.  If yoga isn't your thing, you could find a good stretching video or just spend some time in the living room stretching out your major muscle groups.

This is my happy place!

I realize that spending this much time every week at the gym isn't realistic for everyone.  However, I encourage you to find a way to fit activity into your daily life.  Make it a priority and you will see not only the physical, but also the mental benefits!

Okay, BIG announcement time!

I am looking for some real women to join me in sweating sexy back!  Sexy isn't a number on a scale or the size of your waist, it's the way you feel!  Maybe you put on weight after college or baby?  Maybe you have always been thin, but want to get muscular curves?  Maybe you have struggled with weight your whole life?  Maybe you want to get into the best shape of your life?  I am looking for women of any size, that want to make a change and live a healthier, more sexy life, but most importantly, want to share their story and inspire others!

Does that sound like you?  Email me at sweatingsexyback@gmail.com for more details about the Sweating Sexy Back Project if you are interested in being involved!

Yay!

Have a great week loves!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

just emailed you!!

Diana Ross said...

Great plan, i always want to have some serious workout plan, i will email you soon.

Diana
http://www.apparelnbags.com/jerzees/index.htm