1.01.2014

Resolutions: Make This Year Epic!

Cheers and Happy 2014!!!

You may remember last year when I resolved to make 2013 my bitch.  Looking back,  I wish I would have printed this out and put it on my bathroom mirror, because it is a pretty good recipe for success.  Just in case you missed it, the cliff notes version of making any year your bitch are as follows:
  1.  Let it go. Leave the proverbial baggage in the previous year.
  2.  Stop holding yourself back.  Do the things you are intimidated by. 
  3.  Your health, both mental and physical, is more important that any other person, job or obligation.  
  4.  Be honest in everything you do.
  5.  Love. If everything you do sprouts from love, your life will yield endless blessings.
2013 was a big year of personal growth and understanding.  I really spent my time working things out, but in 2014, I want to spend my time doing things!

Alright, so what is in store for 2014?  
Well, if I had to chose a word for 2014 it would be: EXPERIENCE or maybe Fearless.  In 2014 I plan to have one hell of an epic year.  Now is the time for me to go out and experience all that life has to offer!  How am I going to do that?  By trying at least one new thing every month! 

Too often I have held myself back because of fear of failure or worrying what other people might think.  In 2014, that changes.

What's on the list so far?  In no particular order:
  • Get a tattoo- yes I already know what I want, and I've been considering it for over a year.  
  • Start my own business- Woohoo
  • Visit Chicago- one of the only major cities I have never been to!
  • Learn to snowboard
  • Go to a music festival- Country Thunder, I will see you in April!
  • Learn to paddle board
  • Volunteer for habitat for humanity
  • Learn to ride a bike
  • Go skydiving- um terrified, but strangely excited
  • Run a half marathon
  • Join a networking group
  • Take a new class
No matter what you have planned for 2014, do me one favor and make it epic!  Here's hoping you have one of the best years of your life!  What are your plans for 2014?

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Come visit me to get your ink! My guy is amazing and ill get my new one done with you :-) also love the resolutions!!!!

Unknown said...

Chicago is amazing!!! Go in July/August during the food festival. I tried snowboarding once, but I couldn't stay up on the board and kept falling over. Good luck with everything and have fun!!! *erica*