2.25.2014

Guilty Pleasures

Maybe we feel guilty because of a particular foods calorie count, or maybe we feel guilty because of the strange feeling of excitement one gets, or maybe we feel guilty because we have been conditioned not to enjoy certain things, but no matter who you are, we all have a few guilty pleasures.  Today I am sharing a few of mine.

Ice cream in waffle cone or with a chocolate shell.  For the most part, I could care less about ice cream.  However, for some reason, when you put that ice cream in a waffle cone or smothered in chocolate shell I can't help myself.  I'm talking to you Magnum ice cream bars, dairy queen dipped cones and boardwalk waffle cones.  

Seeing sappy love movies solo. Seriously, this is one of my favorite things to do when I'm alone.  Future boyfriend, you're welcome.  Don't get me wrong, I like to see movies with friends, but I get a strange sense of enjoyment out of getting carried away by an over the top love story.  There's no one to notice my goofy smile during a couples sweet moments or the inevitable tears that I will cry without trying to hide them.  

Taking notes from books I don't actually want to buy.  I love to learn, but I don't necessarily want to buy every single book, so instead I find myself a corner at Barnes and Nobel and take notes on all the important bits.  I know it's not a library, but I love the atmosphere.  

Drinking the whole bottle of wine.  Do people actually re-cork bottles?  I mean, I have a set of special corks that I'm told are really good, but I don't know if I will ever use them.  The only thing I dislike more than an empty glass is an empty bottle.  

Singing in the car.  I actually really enjoy long drives alone, because by the time I reach my destination, I am usually horse from belting out all my favorite songs for 5 hours.  I get really into it guys.  I take melodic and pitch liberties, add dance moves and fist pumps!

Sprinkles and glitter.  Both make everything better and just plain make me happy.

What are your guilty pleasures?


2 comments:

Nay said...

Reading in the bath, having a baking marathon by myself, chocolate covered almonds with popcorn, and so many more. Oh! Now I want to do them all!

Alli @ Allena Mistral said...

Sitting on the couch and binge watching bridezillas with wine in hand is definitely a guilty pleasure!!