7.29.2012

Sunday Social

Sunday Social

I just loved this weeks questions so I had to participate.  If you want to join in the fun, answer these questions and link up with Ashley (not me) and Neely!

What is your Dream Job?
That's a tough one, because I have a few dreams. One would be to open my own wedding and events company.  I love weddings, I love event planning and I think I would love making other peoples special day perfect!  Another is an occupational therapist.  I have a thing for helping people and I just know I would love helping people live better with more independence and confidence by conquering daily activities. The third dream job is director of communications, specifically in emerging communication trends (online).  I am fascinated by social media, email messaging and using apps to increase sales.  Oh and and I would love to will be an author (someday).  One thing is for sure, I want to be my own boss eventually. Let's see where life takes me.

If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time? 
First I would travel- everywhere while writing a novel.  Then I would buy a home on the beach and open my own wedding and event company.  Then I would spend as much time as I could giving back to the world.  Yep, that's what I would do!

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
In elementary school, I wanted to be a cartoonist.  I even had my own character- Mr. Pickle Man- don't ask.  In Junior High I decided I wanted to be an actress/dancer/model.  I made a pretty good run at it through high school, but promised my family and self I would graduate college and if I still wanted to be a movie star, I could then move to LA.  I didn't.  But sometimes I think about it still. Then in college I wanted to be a magazine writer or work in advertising/PR.  I got a dual bachelors degree in advertising and PR and then worked in public relations for almost 2 years before I decided I needed to do some career exploration.

What piece of career advice would you give someone just starting out in your field? 
Get internships- the more the better.  Remember that you are always marketing yourself and don't ever miss an opportunity to network. Get involved in the field.  Join associations, go to conferences and don't assume your learning is done just because you aren't graded anymore.  Know that you will not have your dream job right away- it takes time.

Biggest pet peeves either in life or in blogging or at work?
Rudeness, slow drivers in the fast lane, double negatives, when I can't hear people on the phone.

Biggest fears?
Snakes, E.T., Water I can't see the bottom of, crazy people in my house.
 

6 comments:

Neely said...

I intered with a wedding planning company and it was so fun! You'd be so good at that!

Victoria said...

a wedding planner,how fun!!

great answers :)

happy sunday!

Cori H. said...

I love that E.T. is on your biggest fear list haha! I don't like him either. Event planning would be so fun!

Alyssa said...

Double negatives are SO annoying! I hate when people talk like that.

Jessie said...

You must have a high tolerance I could never put up w brides! Haha

momto8blog said...

I don't like doubles negatives neither..haha
I also have never once driven slowly...
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.