1.24.2013

Cheap Textbooks and a Good Cause


Ah, college, a time I look back on with great nostalgia.  I loved it so much I still work with my sorority on an advisory basis. That said, I was broke as a joke!  One of the things that always irked me was buying textbooks.  I spent hundreds of dollars on books each year that (don't judge me) I rarely opened.  

So today, I am going to tell you all about a little company I learned about that can save you some serious cash on your textbooks. This one's for your college friends!

Campusbookrentals.com is a great site that will rent you your books at 40-90% off bookstore prices.  What?!  Shipping is free. You can highlight in them as if they were your own. They have flexible rental periods and great customer service.  

Plus, if you have a collection of textbooks (Like I always did because I was being spiteful about the pitiful amount of money the bookstore offered me to buy my book back) and you want to make some spare cash, you can use the company's new program called RentBack!  RentBack allows you to rent your books out to other students!  Renting your books allows you to make 2-4x's as much as selling them back to your campus bookstore at the end of the semester!


The other thing I love about this company is that they give back!  CampusBookRentals.com partners with Operation Smile.  This organization performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could not afford the surgery on their own.  A portion of each rental goes to Operation Smile to fund their programs.

So whether you are working on your bachelors, your masters or even your doctorate,  check out CampusBookRentals.com and save some dough!



*I was compensated for this post however all opinions are my own

1 comment:

Kym Fox said...

Well this is just WEIRD! I was searching the web no less than 24 hours ago looking for a site like this for my little sister who just went back to college! None of the ones that I found allowed you to highlight and all of that - I will certainly be passing this site onto her. Thanks for sharing!