4.24.2013

The Messy Project

I am not a fashion blogger.  Sometimes I wish I was.  I wish I felt comfortable in front of the camera again.  I imagine that will come with time and weight loss.  But like Sheryl Sandberg says, "It's time to lean in!"

The Deal:
1 Item
5 Girls 
5 Different Looks
1 Major Blog Post Day

High-low Rose Print Tank-Forever 21, Crop Sleeve Blazer-Target, Maroon Dress Pants- New York and Company, Nude Platform Peeptoes-Marc Fisher

Since I live on a pretty tight budget, it is important that I can make things work for both work and play.  I liked the tank Kelly Picked out because it gave me a fun print to use to vamp up my work wardrobe and a great top to throw over black skinnies or leggings on the weekend.
 

I played with the pink by adding some fushia lipstick.  I'm still working on being daring and mixing prints, so I started out small and used a black and white print clutch to jazz things up.

I used to really love fashion.  Some might have even said I was fashion fearless.  In high school, I wore clothes that I liked, not what was trendy or "cool".  I was a little more sophisticated than the average Arizona 16 year old and preferred BCBG to Abercrombie and Fitch.  In college, my lack of income and preference to sweatshirts scaled my fashion sense back a bit.  Then as the number on the scale rose, my interest in fashion faded and I just tried to find something that fit versus something that I loved.  Still, I tear great outfits from magazines and dream of one day being able to pull them off again.

This project gave me a little awakening.  It reminded me how much I love clothes and their ability to express what you are feeling that day.  It reminded me that feeling good in my clothes is important.  Just one more reason to skip those sugary or fried snack, push a little harder in the gym and really commit to my 90 day challenge.

Don't forget to check out the other April Messy Girls!
Dinah at Sunshine Super Glam
Kelsey at A Muse in Purple
and of course Kelly at Messy Dirty Hair


11 comments:

Dinah Gacon said...

GIRL!!!! You look so beautiful!!!!! Love your look!!!!

xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

A Muse in Purple said...

Loved how you paired everything, just how I'd wear it to work! Plus, budget friendly just like me! xo

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

You are beautiful!!! You rock in front of the camera and you would be an amazing fashion blogger! I love this outfit and fuchsia lipstick never hurts either!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

ash!!!!!!!! you look so fabulous!! I never wouldve thought pairing the top with maroon pants, its so freaking adorable! and you would be a fabulous fashion blogger! look at your rocking it! and your hair is so GORGEOUS!!! thank you so much for all your hard work!!! it was so much fun to have you this month!!!! i could not have asked for a better girls!!!! XOXO

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

I think you totally made this top you bish! :) Love your style and what you did with it! Good luck on your 90 day challenge! YOU CAN DO IT!

Kristine -The Foley Fam {unedited}

Thomas Mundell said...

Love how you styled it! such a cute outfit!

Anonymous said...

I love this look! You look so beautiful! I am always on a budget to make things work all day and I think you did a great job!

J and A said...

Love your hair!! Great look!!

Kelly said...

I love how you did it with these oxblood pants!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

You look amazing! I love how you paired the tank with the jeans and blazer.

Waking Up To This..... said...

OMG I want to be part of this next time you do it!!! Let me know girl

wakinguptothis.blogspot.com