11.24.2011

Thanksgiving Thanks


I am a long way from hosting a Thanksgiving dinner. I think you have to at least have your own place for that. However, it hasn’t stopped me from dreaming of my future dinner plans.
First off, anyone who knows me knows I have a serious aversion to animal bones. The idea of cooking a boney turkey kind of makes me want to die. Fortunately, a few years ago I got this incredible recipe off an episode of the biggest loser courtesy of the fabulous Rocco DiSpirito. The recipe is for poached turkey breast and I promise it won’t disappoint. I have made it a few times and it has always been a huge hit! The meat is juicy and oh-so flavorful! I really wish I had a picture to add. But seriously, try it, it’s awesome!

Also if you know me, you know I believe ambiance is everything! With that said, I love tablescapes! You can’t table scape if all the food is all over the table, so I believe in buffets. Check out a few of these beautiful buffets and tablescapes.

Like I mentioned I like things that sparkle. Especially sparkly mini pumpkins. Okay, Okay, any excuse to use a mini pumpkin is fine by me. Is everything just better in miniature?
 
And finally, With all the cooking and decor, we women forget about another important part of Thanksgiving. FOOTBALL. So here are a few treats I found on Pinterest to satisfy the football fanatic in your house. (And it will keep them from bothering you about snacks while you are finishing the Thanksgiving feast.)

I have about a million things to be thankful for this year and I hope you do too. Have a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving. Happy Eating!

No comments: