8.25.2012

Playing Catch Up

It’s been a crazy few days. I’m sorry I have been practically mute!

  Fogo de chao  Fogo de Choa Dessert  MK watch

Let’s rewind. Last weekend, the Boyfriend and I celebrated my birthday by going to dinner at Fogo De Chao. It was fabulous! I feel like I ate an entire farm animal. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a place to celebrate something special. He also gave me this beautiful Michael Kors watch. You may recognize it from this post. Isn’t it lovely?!

the fam  birthday cake

Then I spent some time with family. We had dinner and cake and long chats about life, the future and the past.

goodbye flowers

The work week included saying farewell to my coworkers who threw me a Pinterest dessert party and gave me some beautiful flowers. It was bittersweet. I made Nutella cupcakes.  I linked to the recipe I used! They turned out pretty awesome. Then I had lots of loose ends to tie up so I spent a couple days running around Phoenix and doing my very best to avoid packing! I hate packing!

blogger-image--1100307293  Lauren and I  Farewell basket

On Friday, I invited all my friends to a going away/birthday happy hour. It was wonderful to see everyone. It was a fantastic evening of friends and food. Lauren made me a, in her words, “going away-birthday-please don’t leave me basket”. It has all the California essentials and made me miss her instantly. And Julie gave me a Starbucks gift card- I love her! It meant so much to me that so many people came out just for me.

I was suppose to leave for California on Saturday, but seeing as I hadn’t started packing yet, I put off leaving until Sunday. So I did some packing and then went to a birthday lunch with my mom. The boyfriend really got a good gauge of how terrible I am at packing as he looked at the disaster that was my packing style.

California

On Sunday I was off to California. (And I only cried until Gila Bend!) Don’t get me wrong, I am totally excited to be here, but moving, alone, to a new state and a new job is a little emotional. After 6 hours in the car, I made it to my temporary home , the Boyfriend’s Mom’s house. I unpacked as best I could with limited time, because I then needed to pack my carry-on to catch a flight first thing in the morning.

flying  Hilton

Monday, my birthday, I flew across the country.  Well I tried to.  People let me share a kindness with you.  Never, ever, EVER fly through O’Hare.  I had two cancelled flights, spent 7 hours in the airport and couldn’t connect to wifi!  I finally made it to my hotel room at about 1 AM.  Thank goodness I was on west coast time.  Anywho, it was an awesome couple of days in D.C. then it was back to my new home, California. 

The rest of the week was filled with getting acquainted with my new job and my new state.  Hoping to find a place to live this week. 

Finally, if you haven’t entered my awesomely HUGE giveaway, you better get on it, there are only a few days left!  You can win all kinds of awesome stuff from my birthday giveaway sponsors and myself!

2 comments:

Jenn @ Party of One said...

What a full and hectic few days you've had!!

So glad you had a happy, happy birthday! That watch is GORGEOUS.

Best of luck with your new move- I'm sure it's going to be great! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Lauren said...

welcome to california!! i moved here from Connecticut 4 years ago and know how amazing/overwhelming it can be! where in Cali are you?!