8.06.2012

Weekend Art, Collections and Sports

Over the next couple of weeks, while I get ready for the big move, my blog might be quieter than usual.  I am making a point to only work on it when I am home alone.  I only have about 10 more days to soak up as much time with my friends, family and boyfriend, before I head off on my own to California.  I am trying to visit all my AZ favorites and take some pictures.  Add that to purging the junk and packing up my life, I don't have a lot of spare time. 

But speaking of fun things, here is a little glimpse of my weekend!

I went to this really awesome place in Old Town Scottsdale called The Brush Bar.  What makes a place really awesome in my book? Wine.  Couple wine with a creative activity and girlfriends and you have a surefire recipe for awesome! 

If you live in AZ, I highly recommend checking this place out.  Got to thebrushbar.com and check out the calendar.  Chose a date with your favorite painting and make a reservation!  All the best painting sell out fast!  Then for $40 you get a glass of wine, all the supplies you'll need for the painting and full instruction.  Plus, August is their one year anniversary so you can do all this for just $35- totally worth it!

Ready to paint!  Note the aprons.  Lauren's was a bikini and mine said, "I like big brushes and I can not lie"

Before: a blank canvas and a full bottle of wine. (You can turn in two drink tickets for $5 off a whole bottle...we did.)
After: lots of paints mixed, empty wine bottle and a new addition to the kitchen!

I think they turned out pretty well considering the anxiety I was having staring at a blank canvas!  The Brush Bar also has an adorable store you can check out!
On Saturday I spent some time packing and look what I found!  When I was a kid I collected key chains from every place I ever went.  I still have over 100 individual memories captured by a unique key chain.  I don't know why I stopped, probably because it got really heavy!
Saturday night the boyfriend and (plus two of his friends) went to the AZ Rattlers game (Arena Football).  If you knew me, you'd know I was a seriously dedicated Rattlers fan in high school.  I still love how fast the game is and how the leader board can change in a matter of seconds.  It was a good time!

On Sunday, I went to see Step Up Revolution with my best friend Meggan.  Sadly I have no photo to share, but I can tell you I loved the movie.  We have seen all of the Step Up movies together and this one did not disappoint with insane dance scenes and a marginally better plot.  Lets be honest I watch for the dance not the acting.  If you love dance, check out the movie!

I hope you all had a great weekend too!  Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

Louisa said...

Ok, first of all, wine and painting? Great combination! And also... I am jealous of your keychain collection. Mine pales into insignificance beside it! I had to take most of mine off recently though...I swear they were taking up half the space in my handbag!

Courtney Cakes said...

WAIT!!!! YOU'RE LEAVING ME!!!!

Nilda said...

I want to do one of those painting classes. It looks like a lot of fun.

I love Arena football too. My city's team is the Sharks. It's always such a fun time and keeps me in a football state of mind!

Jessie said...

Brush bar looks awesome! I'll have to check out to see if we have anything like that in my area

Aspiring Kennedy said...

I think you did a fabulous job with the paintings! Staring at a blank canvas is always challenging.