12.27.2011

Christmas- A Day Late

First, let me just say, I meant to make this post happen much sooner, but I got strep throat and it has kept me a little preoccupied the last few days. Even as i type this my fingers feel exhausted from all the “bleh” I have been feeling this week. Anyway, B was out of town visiting family for the actual day of Christmas, so we decided to make Monday Christmas round 2! I’m willing to say it was better than Christmas round 1- for me at least. We started out the day by picking up B from the airport and heading to RnR for breakfast! Mmmmm Mmmmm! I love RnR, especially for breakfast! Best. French. Toast. Ever. Then we went to the grocery store to capitalise on the post Christmas sales. We got some hats and mugs and our tree! See below!

When we got home we started the Mulled Wine, (on a side note, I tried to get more Mulling Spices tins from Trader Joe’s last week to make cute little mulled wine gifts, but they are all out. I called all the Phoenix stores! I guess too many people are reading my blog and cleaned them out!) set up the tree, and got the house and ourselves ready for Christmas.
Cali rocked a Christmas collar
gifts under our "tree"
Our Christmas hats!
Then we unwrapped our presents. I got an adult onesie!!! and I gave B this painting among other things.
My interpretation of waves
Then we settled in with our mulled wine and several pre-recorded Christmas movies. By the way, if you haven’t watched Home Alone recently, and by recently, I mean as an adult, do yourself a favor and watch it. It is seriously hilarious. And uncle Frank is a real jerk!
Our new Christmas mugs filled with holiday spirits!
Then I made poached turkey breast (see previous post for recipe link), homemade mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and stuffing. It was a delicious feast! Stay tunes, another feast is planned for New Years Eve- assuming I don’t still feel like death warmed up!
The feast

No comments: