3.25.2013

The queen of 300-400 mile road trips

I have been a little bit of a blog slacker thanks to being so busy with work.  I pulled this post out of the archives.  It's one I did for my girl, Renee, a while back.  I just couldn't muster the brainpower to write anything today.  Regardless, here are some tips to help you make the most of your summer road trips!

Today, I thought I would share with you all a few thoughts from a self proclaimed queen of the 300-400 mile road trip.  These little nuggets of wisdom have been compiled from approximately 30 trips of said mileage I have taken in the last 2 years.  I don't do the cross country thing, but if you are planning on spending 4-7 hours in the car, I'm your girl.

Do plan ahead and buy a car with good mileage.  Fiona the Ford Focus has racked up her share of miles, but did so without raping my wallet!

Don't leave or arrive at high traffic times. There is nothing worse than being 10 miles from your destination but still 40 minutes from arrival!

Do download games to your smart phone like Family Feud.


Do use either your car's Sync feature or an adapter to play downloaded games with the whole car. It's not fair to leave the driver out and you don't want to lose to the Jones' by yourself!

Do car dance viciously for as long as you can.  Not only will you get an ab workout, but you will brighten the day of those around you.

Don't fight with your navigation system, it will never agree you are right and will force you to drive around in circles in spite.


Do pee before you leave the house and at any stop you make.  If you're like me, your bladder will feel like it is about to burst when you are conveniently on a bumpy road 35 miles away from civilization.

Do play the alphabet game at least once.  Yep, it's still just as fun as when you were a kid and even more competitive.

Do drug your pets/children... that drive will get a lot shorter if they are knocked out.

There you have it.  Follow these tips and enjoy the ride!





4 comments:

T&S said...

I grew up doing road trips and love them. I ALWAYS stock up on games on my phone. I ALWAYS have my phone charger plugged in. AND I can NEVER forget my Kindle. That thing has saved me during so many road trips.

XO Lourdes

Dinah Gacon said...

I LOVE road trips lady!!!! I like to read and watch stuff on my kindle and I honestly sleep alot if my husband drives. I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat in a car. I have a small bladder and pee so much.... LOL

xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

Unknown said...

I do a ton of road trips this length as well! In fact I just drove 7 hours from AZ back to CA today. thank goodness my car is pretty reliable.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Such great tips!