7.10.2013

Pinning

I swear I saw this on Pinterest ages ago, but this is my take on creating a personalized painted canvas mantra.  

What you'll need:
A canvas
Alphabet stickers
Paint

First place the stickers on the canvas.


I actually typed it out first, so I could get a good idea of how it would look and how to place the stickers.  Make sure each sticker is firmly placed.

Note:  don't buy pretty glittery stickers that happen to be the right font and on sale, because if you are like me, you won't want to paint over them!  I just hate wasting sparkly things!


Paint over the entire canvas. Let canvas dry completely.  I was hoping that the pops of pink, purple and turquoise would show through more than they did. If I did it again, I would probably use less black.

Peel the stickers off carefully.  Take special care with the A's, V's and anything with pointy edges.
Voila!  Hang on your wall to remind yourself of the things that are important to you.  My canvas was the perfect centerpiece to my new gallery wall!



1 comment:

Jessie Jones said...

That is so precious! I'm going to have to try this sometime!!!