12.05.2012

I dreamt I had Victoria's Secret model abs

 
I think I have mentioned this before, but long ago, I was an aspiring model/actress.  Well, really I was an aspiring actress, but got coaxed into modeling for my height.  Modeling was not my thing.  I could never get skinny enough to appease my agent.  I was a dancer, with an athletic body.  Waif would never be my look.  But then, I found something within the modeling world to admire.

Yep, that's me about a decade ago.

Back in the day, (10 years and dozens of pounds ago) I dreamed of one day being a Victoria's Secret model.  I know, it sounds like a super vain, unattainable aspiration for a 16 year old, but I dreamed about wearing a pair of wings none the less.

Source

I had my minuscule modeling career already.  All I needed was to be discovered by more than just local campaigns and designers. 
Source

The women in the VS shows were everything I wanted to be.  They had curves, muscle definition, and incredible abs.  They had the best hair and always looked super sassy on the runway.  They got to trade in their runway scowl for a smile and the occasional dance move.  And, lets face it, there isn't a woman that watches the show that doesn't envy them just a little or a man that doesn't drool.  The Victoria's Secret model always come across as empowered.  She is confident, owns her sensuality and doesn't take things too seriously.  Don't we all want to feel like that in our skivvies?
 
Source                                   Source
I looked up Adriana Lima's workout plans, used the products Marissa Miller  recommended(have you seen the maternity photo spread she did for Allure? She's not human!), ate like Alessandra Ambrosio, and stalked Gisele Bundchen's hair secrets.  These days you can add Erin Heatherton, Meranda Kerr, Candice Swanepoel and Doutzen Kroes to the list of women whose tips I will begin hoarding.

 
 
Alas, I have come to terms with the fact I will never walk down a glittery runway with a creative pair of wings on my back, but that doesn't stop me from watching the show every year, becoming inspired to get back into shape and one day at least hold a very sexy fashion show in my own bedroom.

1 comment:

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Wow that is so cool that you acted and modeled! You are so gorgeous (then and now)! I like that you didn't give in and try to lose weight to fit the image!