12.21.2012

The Best Friday

So let me tell you why today is the most exciting day of my adult life!  No it's not because of anything the Mayans predicted.  It's because for the first time, ever, I have 2 whole weeks off from work.  Since I started working back in August of 2007, I have never taken this much time off.  I feel like it's almost unheard of these days to take 16 days off in a row and not be a teacher or unemployed or self employed.  And boy do I have big plans:

The house I grew up in.
-I am headed home to AZ for the majority of my vacation to celebrate the holidays with the fam and cause a little trouble with my best girlfriends. It's going to be so strange to be a guest for Christmas.

-Getting my hair done (which is super exciting because it has been 4 months. Eek!
Me and bestie about 2 years ago
-Rubbing my bestie's baby bump for an awkwardly long amount of time.

Suns love from 2010-12
-I get to say hello to my beloved Phoenix Suns, not once but twice!

A rainy Coach House Christmas circa 2008
-Meeting up with the whole gang for a Coach House Christmas (details to come later)


-Drinking as much wine as I want with my best girls.

-Getting some serious design work done for The Life: Stylish (Need a new blog layout?  The Life: Stylish can help!  *shameless plug*  And since we are being shameless... wanna sponsor me?)

-Ringing in 2013 with a big glass of bubbly and a lot of hope for the future.

My last girls trip to Vegas
-Heading to Las Vegas for a bachelorette party where we plan to paint the town!


Now if all that doesn't sound awesome, I don't know what does!

Oh, and here are my thoughts on this whole end of the world business.  I hope today really is the end of the world (gasp!)... a very specific world.

A world that cares more about being the right one, than doing what's right for everyone.
A world where people lash out at one another instead of show kindness, love and compassion.
A world that cares more about our stock investments than where we are investing our time.
A world where people are afraid to ask for help, from others, from professionals and from God.

So if R.E.M was right and it is the "end of the world as we know it", then I agree, "I feel fine!"

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kate Sparkles said...

That sounds like the most amazing Christmas break ever! Enjoy all those days off work and have a wonderful time with your friends!

Laura said...

Enjoy your vacation and Merry Christmas!

lori said...

that's awesome that you get such a long break from work, and it sounds that you have some big fun lined up! enjoy it!
merry christmas :)

Life according to Lenetta said...

Sounds like a great time. I found you through the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. Have a great day. :)