8.19.2013

27 in 27: A Recap

Tomorrow I turn 28.  I thought I would recap my 27 in 27.  Sadly I didn't mark as much off the list as I would have liked.  Still it was a solid year.  

1. Move to a new state-  Boom- accomplished

2.  Lose 50 pounds. Hmmm, well I lost 10 pounds, gained it back and I've almost lost it again.  I seem to be on a roll right now, so I'd like to ask for an extension...

3.  Run a 1/2 marathon.  I keep putting this one off... 

4.  Learn how to paddle board. Fail- but I'm pretty awesome in a canoe.

5.  Again since I will be near the beach, I think it is time I actually learn how to ride a bike.   No attempt made.  FAIL

6.  I really want to do an urban race or one of those obstacle course races.  Meh.

7. Make something old new again. Meh

8.  Go to LA to the new Sprinkles Ice Cream shop. Ice cream didn't seem worth it when you consider the traffic.

9.  Go to Vegas for Meagan's bachelorette party.  Boom- killed it!

10.  Get comfortable in my new job.  Done and done.  Love my job!

11.  Go see the Bethenny Show live. This one isn't my fault.  She hasn't taped and now she's going to be taping in New York.

12. Spend a day at Disneyland with a kid. Well that place is expensive and I'm broke.  

13. Reach 500 followers on my blog.  Holy Guacamole, I made it in under 6 months. I love my blog family so much.  It is truly humbling that any of you give a damn about what I write!

14.  Give up soda.  Seriously this time.  Good thing I have a year to do it.  I did it!!!  I've been clean for over 2 weeks!!

15. Join a team. Happening in September- again, can I get an extension?

16. Pay off  a good majority of debt.  Slow and steady.

17.  Visit a state I haven't been to.  Virginia- done!

18. Take a vacation with the boyfriend.  Well, I don't have one of those anymore...

19.  Buy a DSLR camera.  Nope.

20.  Go on a cruise with all my girlfriends.  Sad that this one didn't happen.

21.  Make a definitive decision about Grad school. I thought I decided, but now I'm thinking about it again.

22.  Start working on a book.  I have some awesome ideas, it's really more about setting aside the time to get it going.  I've been writing a lot, but I don't think a book is the right medium.

23.  Find a permanent place to live, preferably near the beach. Lived 2 miles away for 8 months, now I live 6 miles away.

24.  Embrace being comfortable with who I am. I posted my chubby pictures on the internet- I'd say I accomplished that one! 

25.  This might sound weird, but increase my water intake. I gave up soda, I drink water now.  

26.  Get organized.   Lets just call this "in progress".

27.  Really appreciate and enjoy this next year. Boom- killed it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful. Seriously, you continue to inspire me. So proud of you. Keep doing you, and everything else will fall into place!