1.29.2013

The Most Eclectic Workout Mix You Ever Did Hear


So the other day, I spent over an hour compiling a playlist of 91 songs that I thought were workout worthy- specifically sweat my ass off on every piece of cardio equipment worthy.  When I did my first workout with it (there was nothing good on Bravo that day) I was super impressed with my eclectic workout music taste.  Sure, I have some expected songs from Justin Timberlake, Rhianna  and Kelly Clarkson, but a lot of my choices are not what most would expect to hear.

Welp, here is a workout mix for weirdo's like me!



Green Day Brain Stew/Jaded-  For some reason this song just makes me want to work really hard.  Maybe it's because it reminds me a scene from Stick It when the spirited Hailey Graham has to get her body back into competative gymnast shape.  Yep, that's totally why!  Come on Stick It was the Bring it on of Gymnastics, or at least that's what the promos told me!



Wicked is one of my favorite musicals, so this was a definite pick!  It's funny, when I hear this song, I image a sort of movie montage, something like a female version of Rocky.  When you get past all the stuff about Wizards, it's as if I am running up those storied Rocky step, and glistening in the sunlight.  One thing is for sure, my tummy tire is doing to gravity defying while I run.


Oh The Format, The First Single really brings me back to some of my favorite high school memories.  Plus it's just got s good tempo to burn calories to!  Bummer, you have to link to YouTube to hear some of these.  What can I say YouTube isn't old enough to allow embeding on these decade old songs.



I went through a serious Saving Jane phase in college.  We would listen to The Girl Next Door with the windows down as we would drive down the canyon to lay out at the creek.  The whole CD is great for the gym!  This is one of my favorite songs on the album.  Don't stop now!


One Tree Hill junkies will know this one.  It's a classic, redone with some pizzazz!   


Whenever this song comes on, I just wiggle all over.  Which is awesome for car dancing, but a little hazardous on a treadmill- and mildly embarrassing.


I almost don't want to tell you what I think about this one, but I will because I love you all! So this is a great running song, but I have a really great vision of how one day I will do a flash mob at my wedding to this song.  It will be epic.  Steal my idea and I will hunt you down.  Just kidding, things aren't that serious.


This is a great happy song. When I am running and I am about to quit, this song reminds me how blessed I am to be able to run, to love and to live.  Yes, I have been blessed.

This was never a single, but it is my favorite song on Katy's first CD.  "I'm gonna make my mark, gonna run it hard, I want you to remember me."  Hello motivation!



I always catch myself smiling when I hear this song.  People look at me funny when I am nearing an hour on the eliptical and smiling like a fool.  I'd look at me funny too!

And, that my friends a glimpse into my random workout playlist.

What's your favorite workout song?
* * * * * * * *

The Biggest Loser: Blogger Edition, brought to you by AshleyChelsea and Jenn!

Our version of The Biggest Loser is a little different than the one you see on TV!  In Blogger Edition, no one gets kicked off, and we aren't just trying to lose weight.  Instead we are creating a place to go when you need a little motivation, when you need to voice your frustration, when you are looking for a healthy recipe, when you are looking for a new workout to try.  This is the healthiest link-up on the net!

So link up with your health goals, your struggles and your triumphs.  Tell us about why it's been hard to lose the weight,  why health and fitness is important for you or what you've learned.    Share your favorite healthy recipe from the week, the fitness fad you are loving and the triumphs you've overcome. 

Then visit all the other ladies who've linked!  leave them some love and together we will create a community of support. This is the year you will meet your health and fitness goals and we're going to help you get there!


So grab a button, link up and enjoy!  This week you can win $25 to Lulu Lemon!


Want to sponsor The Biggest Loser: Blogger Edition?  Email us! 
  



5 comments:

Kalen said...

Girltalk's album "All Day" got me through half marathon training. It's over an hour of non-stop mix music by a fabulous DJ. Check it out!

Lauren said...

love Wicked!


and I agree with Kalen above....GirlTalk is amazing to work out too!! (and you can download the album for FREE off his website)

Jenn @ Party of One said...

So eclectic- but- I love it! Good music is my favorite part of my workout. I had the 80's workout station on Pandora during my walk/jog yesterday and it was awesome!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting combo. Whatever works to keep you moving

Unknown said...

glad to know i am not the only one who works out to defying gravity - it is ALWAYS on my marathon playlist. it just keeps me going!