5.07.2012

30 Before Thirty

I did a little math today and realized I am a mere 1200 days away from my 30th birthday. What?! 1200 days, that's it? Yep, that's 3 years, 3 months and a couple weeks. I started to think about where I am in my life and where I want to be and realized, I don't really have a definitive list written down to even commit to. So I started writing. Here's what I came up with. Follow my progress on my 30 Before Thirty page or (even better) join me and create your own list!

  1. Go skydiving- I've always wanted to go, but I also think this will be one of those things that I put off until the day before the big 3-0.
  2. Vacation in Italy -I am dying to go to Italy. Ever since a college friend spent a semester there (getting credits in cooking and arts), I have been super jealous. I still kick myself for not somehow fitting it into my summer in England.  italy
  3. Learn to golf- I don't know why, but I think I might be really good at golfing. I just need a chance on the links. See I even have my golfer lingo down!
  4. Buy a home- Now I don't expect to be able to afford anything super great in the next 3.25 years, but I do think I should be able to begin my real estate investing by the time I am 30. Fingers crossed.
  5. Begin graduate school- As of right now, am still trying to decide exactly what I want a degree in. One thing is for certain, I want to have some kind of advanced degree...in something.
  6. Get paid to blog- It would just be the greatest if I could make some extra income from something I already love doing. Really great!
  7. Get a DSLR camera- I say "get" instead of "buy" because I'm crossing my fingers it comes to me as a gift. I want one so bad, but other financial obligations are more important to me at this point.
  8. Road trip across the U.S.- In theory, this has always sounded like a super fun idea. I think I would really love it as long as it were for fun and not because I had to drive a moving truck or something.
  9. Pay off all credit card debt- I have been working on this one for about a year already and the good news is I am well on my way to completing this goal!
  10. Reach 500 followers on my blog- Tell all your friends. Okay? Thanks! 
  11. Host a Favorite Things party- I mean who doesn't want to invite their closest friends to a party and give them all their favorite things. It would be like I was Oprah for a day. oprah-favorite-things
  12. Have season tickets to a professional sports team- It would just be so cool to be a "regular" at a sporting event, but I am not a nose-bleed seats kind of girl, so this might take some time.
  13. Go on a cruise- I've been on a dinner cruise, but that is about it. I want the full experience!
  14. Go scuba diving- I bet could rope this one in with the cruise...
  15. Take a winery tour of Napa Valley- As a wine lover and a California lover, I think it is somewhat surprising this hasn't already been crossed off yet.
  16. Move to a new state- No offense Arizona, but I am so ready for another adventure.
  17. Lose 50 lbs.- or more...
  18. Run a 1/2 marathon- I've always wondered what it must feel like to run 13.1 miles. I imagine it is painful and hard, but i bet it comes with an incredible feeling of accomplishment. I want that.
  19. Learn to paddle board- I have heard it is really hard, but for some reason I just have a gut feeling I would love it. lg_Yoga-Paddle-Boarding-in-Miami
  20. Learn how to ride a bike- Yes, it's true, I never learned how to ride a bike. Or, more accurately, I learned, but immediately fell into a rose bush. It was traumatic. I was 4. I moved on with my life sans bike riding. It worked out, but I wouldn't mind learning now, as long as there are no rose bushes in sight.
  21. Get a dog- The boyfriend has one, but I want my own.
  22. Do an Urban race/tough mudder- They look so fun!
  23. Go on a hot air balloon ride- Also looks super fun!DSCN0441
  24. Start my own business- I have some ideas in the works with this one.
  25. Go white water rafting- This is one of those weird things I have always wanted to do. I don't know if I saw it in a movie or read about it in a book, but for as far back as I can remember I have wanted to go cruising down the rapids.
  26. Learn another language- I can speak minimal Spanish. I should learn to speak Spanish fluently, but I have always been fascinated by French as well.
  27. Live near the beach- Hoping to combine this one with moving to another state.
  28. Make something old new again- I love DIY projects, but I have yet to take on a serious furniture project. Once I find the right piece to makeover, watch out!
  29. Write a book- I have started probably 20 different books over the last 15 years, but none have ever gotten finished. I really want to finish one and submit it for publishing.
  30. Hike the Grand Canyon- Is it pathetic that I have lived in Arizona my whole life and have only been to the Grand Canyon one time? I think so!
Alright, that's my list. I can't wait to check some things off! Don't forget, I would love to have some company! Make a list of your own and post a link in the comments so we can all do this together!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    LOVE LOVE LOVE! Congrats, good luck, so excited to hear about all of this!

    Anonymous said...

    Love this! You should get paid for blogging! Oh and ps if you need any help with the business start up I am in the middle of it too and it is actually super easy and at work we have a small business developer who is AMAZING if you ever want to chat with him!