5.22.2012

Nutella Croissants

On Sunday, before I began thinking about swimsuits, bikini's and the beach (oh my!), I felt like baking.  Sometimes, I love to take on a baking adventure and create some glorious treat from scratch.  I have made elaborate cupcakes, pies and every category of treat!  Well, on Sunday, I had spent my morning working at a 5K in 100 plus degrees, so I wasn't in the mood to start from scratch, I just wanted something delicious.  I stopped by the store and picked up two of my favorite treats- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Nutella.  It's a quick, cheap treat to make for dessert or a party.  Everyone will think they are delicious and you will feel like a baking rock star with very little work!

You will need:
Crescent rolls (get as many as you want to make.  I get one container so that I can't eat too many!)
A jar of Nutella (If this isn't a kitchen staple, it should be!)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 TBS of cinnamon
2 TBS melted Butter
an bakers paint brush


1. Unroll the crescent rolls and spread Nutella on each one.
2. Roll up your crescent rolls and try to close the ends as best you can.
3. Follow baking directions on canister.  When rolls are done, brush them with melted butter. 
4. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and dip each roll.

Enjoy!  (But not too quickly, the boyfriend burnt his mouth.  It didn't stop him from finishing it though!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess this is a classier way to get my Nutella fix instead of spoonfuls out of the jar ;)

Courtney Cakes said...

you just made me totally hungry!!! This is a must try for me!

Unknown said...

And worth every calorie, I assure you!