6.06.2012

Women That Inspire Wednesday

Untitled

It’s my favorite day of the week!!!! WEDNESDAY!  Why Wednesday? Because I get to share about an inspiring woman.  

This week I was all set on a woman.  I had started writing and everything, then I heard a speech at the MTV Movie Awards.  Don’t worry, I will go back to the other woman I chose next week, but this week lets talk about the lovely Emma Stone.

Emma Stone MTV Speech

I have loved miss Emma since her debut in Superbad.  Maybe it’s because she is an Arizonan like myself.  She drew up in Scottsdale performing in productions at a local theatre.  She persuaded her parents to move to Los Angeles by creating a power point she called , “Project Hollywood” when she was just 15.  From there she spent her days auditioning and her evenings home schooling with her mother. Since then she hasn’t looked back.

I love how she has tried a lot of different types of roles and pulled each one off flawlessly.  Who doesn’t love her in Crazy, Stupid, Love, Zombieland or The Help.  As far as movies go, we are going to see Emma around for a long time because of her versatility and onscreen confidence.  And girlfriend can pull off just about any hair color!

0308-emma_stone_bd  images  emma-stone-21

She’s also pretty darn fashionable too!

golden-globes-fashion-emma-stone

What I love most about Emma is that she seems to have a good grip on who she is.  She’s got the courage to be funny and the confidence to risk looking like an idiot (Check out her chic fro and braces in Ghosts of Girlfriends Past).

534981_10150864338927978_1212688779_n

I don’t see Emma Stone taking the path of other young starlets like Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton. She is the type of strong young woman that I hope my sisters grow to look up to. (Aren’t they cute little nuggets?) She is always encouraging her fans to be themselves.

“Confidence is the only key. I know a lot of people who aren't traditionally 'beautiful' - not symmetrical or perfect-bodied or perfect-skinned. But none of that matters because all that shines through is their confidence, humor and comfort with themselves. I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.”

With quotes like these, it’s no wonder that MTV gave her the very first Trailblazers Award.  Her her engaging and honestly grateful acceptance speech is what made me name her this week’s Woman that Inspires. 

Her eyes already glistened with emotion as she took the stage, she proceeded to impress me with her words of wisdom that I imagine really impacted her many young fans.

"So, I looked up the actual definition of trailblazer, and it means someone who blazes a trail to be followed by others. And that's an honor to hear you're being associated with a concept like that. The only thing I can hope that an award inspires is originality,because the trailblazers I've looked up to and been inspired by are people like Gilda Radner and Bill Murray and John Candy and Charlie Chaplin and the Beatles and J.D. Salinger. Lorne Michaels, who reminds me the importance of comedy, and Cameron Crowe, whose work consistently reminds me of why I want to be an actor. "Those people are my creative trailblazers, but I'm not following any of their paths, and what's incredible about them is they help make me want to be more myself because they're all originals, and I hope that you'll find your trailblazers. And, trust me, I do not need to be one of them. I probably shouldn't be one of them, but that you'll continue to harness your own originality and what makes you unique 'cause I know that when you're a teenager — sometimes when you're an adult — what sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and it's not. And a lot of the time, it's what makes you great. I am deeply touched and grateful for this.”

Emma, thank you for being both a trailblazer and an inspiration.  I hope all of us young ladies can take a cue from your confidence and grace!
tumblr_ljev4mCeGo1qbi98so1_500

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - 1) I love this post 2) I love Emma Stone also 3) I love the red velvet cupcake advice!